Thursday, August 18, 2011

Home SWEET Home


We have been in our new home for just a little over two weeks now and I can finally post a few shots of the progress! My husband and I have learned that purchasing your first home is definitely a long and unpredictable process BUT I am pretty much blown away at how our entire situation fell into place. There were so many wonderful people we worked with that we are beyond thankful for! More than anything it is still sometimes hard for us to believe that we are in the exact neighborhood that we longed to live in. Many of the houses in our community are the dwellings of our close friends and we are only a few miles from our church. We couldn't have asked for more and I find myself thanking God every morning that I have woken up in this new place! Putting it all together has been a joy and it feels like home, we are thrilled to spend many many years in this house/community! So here is a little peek into the place we now call home:)







These mugs were my congrats on your new home gift to my husband:)


We are major advocates of milk as you can see.



I always wanted to have a room hidden away for the tele and I got my wish!



It's also our library.


I enjoyed putting my daughter's room together because this time I decided to give it a more girly feel than I had with her nursery. The nursery was more neutral since we plan on one day having another mini Norton and that could very well be a boy, right? But now that Ivy will be in this room for many years we went girly (although if I had let her pick it probably would have been shark or skeleton themed, the kid loves all things scary!:)


Found these poor little figures stowed away in the microwave...:)






I had to add a few items to this new room that began in the nursery, good memories.


And here she is in all her glory!


Among other things we are thankful to look down our street and see green in Arizona and we are so so so thankful that we have our key! Nothing like a family picture with a cranky 2 year old, oh well, my spirits are high:) So come on over, hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment