Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ivy is 2!


It's hard to believe that I am posting my daughter's 2 year birthday shoot! Looking back at her 1 year shoot I am amazed at how much she has grown up! She has definitely gone from baby to little girl and just about every day I am amazed at the things she says and does. It's so fun to have a little tot as a best bud and everyday she makes me laugh with her little funny girl personality:) I am so lucky to be her mom and I thank God every day for my most precious gift ever.















One of Ivy's absolute favorite things to do (after watching the movie Tangled that is:) is to read. These old books have much meaning to my family and the fact that Ivy soaks them up is pretty cool. The little Bible (exactly what Ivy calls it) was given to my husband when he was a baby. Even though it only has about three pictures in it Ivy will turn the pages as if it is the most interesting thing on the universe. My mom gave me the other books on our latest visit and they were a big part of her childhood and mine. My mother learned how to read using them and so did her children! I remember just about every Dick and Jane and Janet and Mark stories and now Ivy will too! I just love it when I get to share pieces of my childhood with my daughter.






As I have always said, every stage in my daughter's little life has gotten more and more enjoyable and I am so looking forward to this next year with my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment